Beef and Vegetable Stew Recipe
Cook Time: 165 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 lb Beef Chuck (Mock Tender Steak, Lean Only, Trimmed to 1/4" Fat)
1 tsp, leaves Thyme (Dried)
1 tsp, leaves Oregano
1 tsp Rosemary (Dried)
1 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
1 cup White Pearl Onions
2 clove Garlic
16 fl oz Merlot Wine
1 lb Green Snap Beans
1 medium Carrots
2 tsp Dixie Diners' Thick It Up
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Heat half the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Toss beef with thyme, oregano, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper. Brown half the beef; transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and beef. Set aside.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven or crock pot. Add diced onions; cook 7 - 8 minutes until onions begin to brown. Add minced garlic during last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Add reserved meat and accumulated juices, wine and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover Dutch oven and place in oven. Cook 2 hours, until beef is tender.
- Add green beans and carrots; cook 15 minutes more, just until beans and carrots are tender.
- Transfer Dutch oven to stove top over medium-high heat. Stir in thickener; cook 2 minutes more, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve immediately.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.