Baked Fennel au Gratin Recipe
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
0 1/2 tsp SALT Morton Salt, Inc.
0 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1 cup HEAVY CREAM Whole Foods Market, Inc.
0 1/2 cup, shredded GRUYERE CHEESE Emmi Schweiz AG
0 1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER Finlay Extracts & Ingredients USA, Inc.
2 bulb Fennel, Bulk
0 1/2 Atkins Flour Mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
- Trim fennel leaving 1 stalks, Quarter bulbs and remove center core. Cut crosswise into 1/4 slices. Place fennel in a saucepan and cook in lightly salted water over medium heat until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain fennel and season with salt and pepper. Transfer fennel to dish, pressing down to form an even layer. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in 3 Tbsp baking mix and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, until slightly, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in Gruyere until melted.
- Pour sauce evenly over fennel and sprinkle dish with Parmesan cheese.Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes; uncover and bake 15-20 minutes more until golden brown and bubbly.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.