Keto Bacon Wrapped Filet with Blue Cheese Butter Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 medium (4-1/8" long) Young Green Onions
4 oz Portobello Mushroom Caps
12 oz Beef Tenderloin (Lean Only, Trimmed to 1/8" Fat)
3 oz Cherry Tomatoes
2 slice Bacon
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
3 oz Blue Cheese
0 1/3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
8 oz Baby Spinach
2 tsp Olive Oil
0 1/4 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Finely dice the green part of the green onions and place in a small bowl. Dice the white part of the onion and set aside. Remove the cap from the mushroom and discard the stem. Chop the mushroom into ¼-inch pieces; set aside.
- Pat dry the beef with paper towels. Slice the tenderloin in half widthwise and press down on the halves slightly into filet mignon steaks. Season each filet with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Wrap the outer edge of each steak with a bacon slice. Set aside.
- Add the butter and 1 ounce of the blue cheese to the bowl with the green onions and stir until well combined. Pour the red wine vinegar into another small bowl, add ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and slowly whisk in 1 tablespoon of olive oil; hold.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the steaks and sear on all sides, turning frequently with tongs until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with foil and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in the same sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and the white part of the onion, season with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and reduce the heat to low. Saute while stirring until the mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes. Place the baby spinach in a large bowl and add the remaining 2 ounces of blue cheese. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the spinach. Toss until well combined.
- Spoon the mushrooms evenly onto two plates. Top with a filet and a dollop of the blue cheese butter. Arrange the salad next to steak and enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.