Keto Apricot-Glazed Brisket Recipe
Cook Time: 210 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
4 lb Beef Brisket (Whole, Lean Only)
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Black Pepper
3 tbsp Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
1 large Onions, raw
3 medium Carrots, raw
- Heat oven to 475°F. Season brisket with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Place brisket fat side down in a Dutch oven. Scatter quartered onions and diced carrots around the beef. Cook 15 minutes.
- Turn brisket fat side up and add 1/2 cup water. Cover tightly. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Cook 3 to 4 hours, until tender and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center registers 180°F.
- Heat broiler. Remove brisket from Dutch oven and place on a broiler pan. Spread jam over brisket. Broil 6 from heat source 5 minutes, until jam is lightly browned in spots. While brisket is broiling, remove onions and carrots from cooking juices.
- Cover brisket with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes before serving. Remove surface fat with a spoon and serve with degreased cooking juices.
- The carrots and onions will be very soft but if purreed in a blender make a nice side dish with the beef.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.