Apple Muffins with Cinnamon-Pecan Streusel
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
- 1.67 cup Almond Meal Flour
- 0.5 cup halves Pecans
- 6.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.33 tsp Salt
- 24 tsp Erythritol
- 1 pinch Stevia
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- 2 large Egg (Whole)
- 0.25 cup Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Organic High Fiber Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- 0.67 cup quartered or chopped Apple
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a muffin tin with 8 cupcake papers.
- Combine 2/3 cup almond flour, chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute (eryhtritol), a pinch of stevia and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until it begins to crumble. Set aside while making the muffin batter.
- For the muffins: whisk together the eggs, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 6 tablespoons granular sugar substitute (erythritol), a pinch of stevia, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Add 1 cup almond flour, 2 tablespoons coconut flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking powder; mix to combine then fold in 2/3 cup finely chopped apples.
- Divide into muffin 8 wells topping each with about 2 tablespoons of the struesal. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and allow to sit for 10-20 minutes to cool before removing. These may be eaten immediately or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.