Keto Zucchini Frittata Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 medium Zucchini
0 1/2 cup, chopped Scallions or Spring Onions
1 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
8 large Egg (Whole)
4 oz Goats Cheese (Soft)
2 oz Basil
- Place broiler rack on second tier from heat source and preheat broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Slice zucchini, add to pan and cook 10 minutes, turning the slices as they brown. Add green onion; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until zucchini is golden and tender; transfer to a bowl. Wipe down skillet.
- Whisk eggs, goat cheese, basil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add egg mixture and cook 1 1/2 minutes to set bottom.
- Spoon zucchini mixture evenly over top; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes until edge is set and puffed.
- Uncover, transfer to broiler and broil 1 to1 1/2 minutes, just until top is set and lightly golden. Serve immediately.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.