Walnut Blondies Recipe
Cook Time: 14 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
1 cup, chopped English Walnuts
1 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
1 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
0 1/2 cup 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
3 large Egg (Whole)
1 oz Vital Wheat Gluten
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 serving Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
- Heat oven to 325°F. Toast walnuts on a sheet pan for 8-10 minutes, cool and then coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil extending 2 inches over both short sides of pan. Grease foil, and set aside.
- Whisk butter, sugar substitute, eggs and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. In another bowl whisk flours, gluten, baking powder and cinnamon together; stir into butter mixture until well combined. Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake until puffed and set, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (top will not be browned), 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle chocolate in thin lines over entire surface of blondies. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. (The recipe can be prepared up to this point, covered with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature overnight.)
- Firmly gripping the foil on both ends, lift blondies out of pan, and place on work surface. Cut into 12 pieces, and serve.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.