Spring Fennel and Pea Soup Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 bulb Fennel Bulk
5 7/16 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
1 2/3 serving Frozen Sweet Peas
0 2/3 tbsp chopped Shallots
0 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Peppermint (Mint)
- Coarsely chop fennel and place in a large saucepan.
- Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until fennel is very soft. Strain broth into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a blender, starting on low speed and increasing to high, purée peas, shallots and fennel, using reserved fennel broth to about 1-inch under the solids (depending on size of blender, this may take 2 to 3 batches).
- Soup should be smooth and thick, but still have some texture.
- Place soup back into saucepot on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Finish with cream, mint and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or chill in an airtight container until cold.
Did you know that you can easily portion out and freeze soup to save for a busy night down the road? When ready to reheat, either microwave or heat up in a pot over the stove with a splash of water.