Southwestern Cornbread Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
0 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
8 oz Whole Grain Soy Flour
0 1/3 cup Canola Vegetable Oil
0 1/2 cup Tap Water
1 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/8 cup White Bolted Self-Rising Cornmeal (Enriched)
2 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/2 small Red Onions
0 1/2 cup Cilantro (Coriander)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- Combine soy flour, corn meal, baking powder, cilantro, onion and 1 tsp lime zest (optional) together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the water, oil, heavy cream and eggs; mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until bread is set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 squares.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.