Pear Tart Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
0 3/4 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
9 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
11 oz Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Sour Cream (Cultured)
2 small pear (approx 3 per lb) Pear
1 fl oz (no ice) Brandy
0 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
0 1/2 tsp Ginger (Ground)
2 tbsp Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
1 large Egg (Whole)
2 tsp Tap Water
1 oz Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For crust: In a food processor, pulse flour and 2 tablespoons sugar substitute to combine, about 10 seconds. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal, about 30 seconds.
- Add 3 ounces cream cheese and the sour cream and pulse until the dough starts to come together, about 30 more seconds. Put dough on the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10 tart pan.
- Prick dough about 15 times with a fork and chill in freezer while preparing filling.
- For filling: In a small bowl, toss pear slices with 1 tablespoon of the sugar substitute, brandy or Cognac, 1/4 teaspoon of the almond extract and ginger until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature and 1/3 cup sugar substitute until soft and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and remaining 1/4 teaspoon almond extract; beat until smooth, 1 minute more (scrape down sides of bowl as necessary).
- Pour cream cheese mixture into chilled tart shell. Arrange pears on top of cream cheese mixture in slightly overlapping concentric circles. If there is liquid left from the pears, pour it evenly over the tart.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese mixture is just set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt jam with water over medium heat. Brush over hot tart and sprinkle with almonds. Let tart cool completely before serving.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.