Old Fashioned Bread Pudding Recipe
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
8 Atkins Low Carb Wheat Bread
6 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Tap Water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
Use the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Low Carb Wheat Bread, you will need 8 slices. If you have a vanilla bean, use the seeds scraped from 1 whole bean. Instead of 1 teaspoon cinnamon substitute 1 3-inch cinnamon stick.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 9x9 -inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar substitute.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, water, vanilla and cinnamon to a boil. Slowly whisk hot cream mixture into egg mixture. Add bread and toss well. Let stand 10 minutes, turning occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer pudding mixture into to prepared pan. Place pan in a larger roasting pan, fill the outer pan with enough hot water to come half way up the sides of the pudding pan.
- Bake for until set, about 55 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or chilled. Makes 6 servings.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.