Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
2 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
2 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
0 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
0 1/2 cup Erythritol
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 large Egg (Whole)
1 1/3 cup Tap Water
1 3/4 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/2 tsp Salt
1 package (1 oz) Gelatin Powder (Unsweetened)
16 oz Cream Cheese
0 5/48 tsp extract of Peppermint (Mint)
8 tbsp Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat an oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13x2-inch non-stick pan; set aside. Melt the chocolate and 1/4 cup heavy cream in a small bowl in the microwave at 20 second intervals. Once melted mix to combine and set aside to cool.
- Cream the butter and 1 cup powdered erythritol in a mixer for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs one at a time blending for 30 seconds between each egg. Add the cooled chocolate mixture, beating until thoroughly combined. Add 1/3 cup water and 1/2 cup sucralose, beat for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the batter and mix for another minute until fully blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. While cooling prepare the top layer.
- Add the packet of gelatin to 1 cup boiling water. Mix until all the gelatin dissolves then place in the refrigerator about 10 minutes (do not allow it to fully set-up, cool to room temperature only.)
- In a medium bowl beat the softened cream cheese with 1 cup sucralose until fully blended and smooth. Add the peppermint extract and enough green food coloring to achieve desired color depth (about 1/4 teaspoon). When the gelatin has fully cooled, blend it into the cheese mixture.
- Whip the remaining 2 cups cream with the remaining 1/4 cup sucralose until semi-stiff peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the cheese mixture until fully incorporated. Pour this over the cooled brownie layer in the pan and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into 24 squares and top with 1 teaspoon of sugar-free chocolate syrup (Smucker's Sugar Free Sundae Syrup works great as it is a little thicker than regular syrup.) To make spider web: starting in the middle of the square make a spiral. Take a toothpick and from the center pull out in a straight line to the outer edge. Repeat 5-6 times spacing them equally.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs. Sugar free chocolate chips would make this dessert a really festive treat!