Chard and Cheese Casserole Recipe
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 small Onions
2 tablespoon EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
0 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
0 1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER
0 1/2 tsp SALT
1 1/2 cup, shredded MUENSTER CHEESE
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) SWEET RED PEPPERS
0 3/4 lb Swiss Chard
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Prepare the chard by folding each leaf in half and cutting out the hard stem/vein. Roll up the leafs and coarsely chop them then dice the stems keeping each separate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over high heat. Add the chard leaves to the pot and cook 3 - 4 minutes, until wilted. Drain in colander; press with the back of a spoon to extract excess liquid discard liquid and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dice the bell pepper and white onion. Place in the pan with the diced chard stems and sauté for 8 minutes, until softened. Mix in chard leaves; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in Muenster cheese.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Evenly sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes more, until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.