California Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 Keto Tomatillo Salsa
4 tortilla Low Carb Tortillas
1 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
3 large Scallions or Spring Onions
4 oz Green Chili Peppers (Canned)
1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) Red Tomatoes
0 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
8 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/8 tsp Red or Cayenne Pepper
9 sprigs Cilantro (Coriander)
0 1/2 cup, shredded Cheddar Cheese
DIRECTIONSUse 1/4 cup total of the Atkins recipe for Tomatillo Salsa.
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Dice the green onions, chiles, and tomatos. Add them to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Push mixture to side of pan. Add eggs and cayenne to skillet. Cook, 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally with rubber spatula, until soft, creamy curds form.
- Stir vegetable mixture into eggs.
- Divide mixture among warm tortillas, sprinkle with cilantro, one tablespoon of salsa and 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tortillas.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.