Baked Eggs and Asparagus
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 8 spear small (5" long or less) Asparagus
- 0.25 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 large Egg (Whole)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Meal Flour
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- 0.125 tsp Garlic
- 0.125 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a small oven safe casserole or 4-inch by 3-inch dish with a little bit of oil. Set aside.
- Boil the asparagus spears for 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain and run under cold water then pat dry. Arrange in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour cream over the asparagus and then crack two eggs on top.
- In a small bowl blend together the almond meal, Parmesan cheese, garlic and black pepper. Sprinkle over the eggs and place in the oven. Cook for 5-10 minutes depending upon how you like your eggs cooked. Longer time will result in a firmer yolk. The cream will puff over the edges of the eggs and the topping should be golden brown and fragrant.