Keto Turkey and Mushroom Chowder Recipe
Cook Time: 78 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
16 oz Turkey Breast Meat (Fryer-Roasters, Cooked, Roasted)
4 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
3 cup Tap Water
12 oz Mushroom Pieces and Stems
1 small Onions
2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) Celery
0 1/2 tsp Garlic
0 1/2 cup Pearled Barley (Cooked)
0 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- In a soup pot, combine turkey bones (if available from leftover turkey), broth and water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain, discard bones and return broth to the pot.
- Bring broth back to a boil and add mushrooms, white onion, celery, garlic and barley. Adjust heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a blender. Holding down the lid tightly, blend until smooth. Return to the pot.
- Stir in turkey meat and cream and cook until just heated through.
- Garnish with parsley, and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve.
Did you know that you can easily portion out and freeze soup to save for a busy night down the road? When ready to reheat, either microwave or heat up in a pot over the stove with a splash of water.