Tofu Pad Thai Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
6 serving Tofu Shirataki Noodles
2 oz Fish Sauce
0 1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
2 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
3 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
14 oz Firm Silken Tofu
3 large Egg (Whole)
8 medium (4-1/8" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
1 tsp Garlic
2 cup Mung Beans (Mature Seeds, Sprouted)
0 1/2 cup Cilantro (Coriander)
0 1/2 cup Dry Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
1 fruit (2" dia) Lime
- Drain and rinse noodles well. Parboil in water to cover for 2-3 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice, sugar substitute, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add tofu and sauté until just browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add eggs to skillet; cook, stirring, until just scrambled, about 1 minute. Transfer to plate with tofu. Wipe out skillet and add remaining tablespoon oil; return to high heat. Add diced scallions and minced garlic; sauté until garlic just begins to brown, about 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Pour the fish sauce mixture into the skillet and boil, about 5 minutes, until reduced to half. Add reserved pasta, eggs, tofu, and bean sprouts; cook to heat through, about 1 minute. Transfer to plates; sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve right away with lime wedges.
Find this recipe and more in the New Atkins For a New You Cookbook!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.