Sunshine Cake Recipe
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 3/4 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/4 tsp Salt
9 large Egg Yolk
1 cup Spenda Cup for Cup
0 3/4 cup Tap Water
8 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
3 tsp Orange Zest
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
12 large Egg White
0 1/2 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl combine soy flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat yolks and half of the sugar substitute (1/2 cup) with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in water, oil, zest and vanilla. Fold yolk mixture into dry ingredients until just combined.
- In another large bowl, beat whites and cream and tartar with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy, about 2 minutes. Add remaining sugar substitute (1/2 cup) and beat until stiff (but not dry) peaks form, about 3 more minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter to lighten. Gently fold in another 1/3 of the whites until incorporated and then repeat with the remaining 1/3 until just-combined (do not over mix).
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10 tube pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert cake in pan and cool completely.
- To unmold, use a thin metal spatula to loosen cake from sides of pan and turn out onto a platter. Makes 10 servings.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.