Spiced Snack Cake Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
0 1/4 cup Tap Water
1 tsp, rounded Coffee (Instant Powder, Decaffeinated)
4 tbsp HEAVY CREAM
2 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/2 tsp Allspice Ground
2 tsp CINNAMON
1 tbsp Ginger (Ground)
0 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
1 tsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
0 1/4 tsp Cloves (Ground)
1 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
0 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
0 1/4 tsp SALT
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine coffee and hot water in a cup; stir until coffee is dissolved. Cool. Stir in cream; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, cocoa powder, allspice, cloves and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer on low, beat butter just until creamy. Increase speed to medium-high and beat butter until smooth and light in color, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar substitute. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to medium-low.
- Add dry mixture in three additions, alternating with the coffee-cream mixture and beginning and ending with dry mix. Beat just until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat 10 seconds more.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Run a knife around edge of pan, and invert onto wire rack; peel off parchment paper.
- Invert again onto a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut into 9 squares. Dust with cinnamon, and serve warm or at room temperature.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.