Keto Shrimp-and-Scallop Salad with Fennel Recipe
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
0 2/3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
0 1/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Canola Vegetable Oil
4 each Scallops
8 large Shrimp
0 1/4 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
0 3/4 cup, sliced Fennel Bulk
2 0/2 cup Spring Mix Salad
- Add all dressing ingredients: lemon zest, extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, and Dijon into a small bowl; whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops and shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Add scallops and shrimp to skillet. Cook, turning once, just until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, and toss shrimp and scallops with 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Add fennel and greens to remaining dressing in bowl, and toss to combine.
- Divide salad between 2 serving plates; arrange scallops and shrimp over top. Sprinkle with chives, if desired.
Note: For Ongoing Weight Loss and beyond in Phase 3, you can substitute 1 teaspoon orange peel for the lemon and add the orange segments from 1 naval orange to the finished salad, if desired (but don't forget to count the extra carbs.)
Feel free to swap in your favorite lettuce for this recipe, as net carb change will likely be minimal.