Sesame Tofu and Asian Slaw Recipe
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
6 tbsp Tamari Soybean Sauce
2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
0 1/4 teaspoon Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 fl oz Fresh Lime Juice
0 1/4 cup Cilantro
4 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia) Radishes
1 small (3" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
1 cup Mung Beans (Mature Seeds, Sprouted)
1 medium head (about 5-3/4" dia) Green Cabbage
4 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
14 oz Firm Silken Tofu
- Stir together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sesame oil, granular sugar substitute and 2 Tbsp lime juice.
- For the slaw: Combine minced cilantro, sliced radishes, diced scallions, bean sprouts and shredded head of cabbage in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and set aside.
- For the tofu: Stir together 4 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of oil in a shallow dish. Add tofu and turn to coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until simmering; add tofu and cook in batches until browned, about 2 minutes per side, adding more oil if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- Immediately serve slaw atop warm tofu and enjoy.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.