Roasted Red Pepper Soup Recipe
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) Celery
1 small Onions
2 clove Garlic
12 oz Roasted Bell Peppers
7 fl oz Tap Water
2 14.5 oz can Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
0 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
0 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Dice the celery and white onion. Mince the garlic and add all three to the pan, cook and stir occasionally for about 8 minutes or until they are softened. Add diced roasted peppers, water and broth. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan; stir in cream. Heat gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving. Optional: serve with a drizzle of sour cream.
Did you know that you can easily portion out and freeze soup to save for a busy night down the road? When ready to reheat, either microwave or heat up in a pot over the stove with a splash of water.