Pineapple-Mango Layer Cake Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
0 1/2 fruit Pineapple
0 1/2 cup, sliced Mangos
1 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/4 tsp Salt
6 large Egg (Whole)
0 3/4 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
0 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
0 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- For cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 8-inch-round cake pans with parchment paper, grease and dust with soy flour. Core the pineapple (cut off green outsides) and peel the mango. Dice all or leave about half of the pineapple in half-rings and half of the mango in slices for a decorative top; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy flour, baking powder and salt. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Set yolks aside. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat whites until frothy, about 3 minutes. Slowly add 3/4 cup (12 Tbsp) sugar substitute and continue beating until stiff, but not dry, peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yolks, almond extract and melted butter. Slowly pour yolk mixture into the beaten egg whites and continue mixing on medium speed until yolks are combined, about 1 minute. In three additions, gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture using a rubber spatula. Divide batter in prepared pans; smooth tops.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- To assemble: In a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium, whip heavy cream with 1 tablespoon sugar substitute until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread half the whipped cream over cake and place diced pineapple and mango pieces all around. Place second layer over whipped cream. Top with remaining whipped cream and decorate top with pieces or sliced pineapple and mango.
- For a decorative top: Starting at the edge of the cake, arrange fruit in concentric circles, alternating pineapple and mango slices. Cut into 8 servings.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.