Passover Angel Food Cake with Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
1 cup Matzo Meal
1 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/2 tsp Salt
1 3/4 large Egg White
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
0 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
12 oz Rhubarb
1 cup, halves Strawberries
- For the cake: Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, whisk cake meal, 1 1/4 cup sugar substitute and salt to combine. Place mixture in a wire sieve set over the bowl. With an electric mixer on medium, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Stir in extracts.
- In three additions, sift dry ingredients over the whites, gently folding in with a rubber spatula. Transfer batter to a 10 tube pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, until cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. Invert cake in pan over a funnel or bottle neck, if pan does not have feet. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- With narrow spatula or knife, loosen cake from sides of pan and gently shake onto serving plate.
- For the sauce: In a medium pot, mix rhubarb, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar substitute and 1/4 cup water. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes, until rhubarb falls apart. Reduce heat and stir frequently during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a bowl and fold in remaining strawberries. Cool completely and serve with cake. Makes 12 servings.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.