Keto Mushrooms Stuffed with Sausage and Mozzarella Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
6 oz PORK ITALIAN SAUSAGE
0 1/4 tsp ITALIAN SEASONING
24 medium Mushrooms, fresh
2 tablespoon EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
3 large Scallions or Spring Onions
0 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1 tsp GARLIC
0 1/2 cup, shredded WHOLE MILK MOZZARELLA CHEESE
DIRECTIONSAlthough this recipe calls for pork sausage, you could also substitute turkey sausage or even vegetarian "sausage" made from soy. Also feel free to use more garlic if you wish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup and reserve. Place mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Arrange caps cavity side up on a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add sausage, diced green onion, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and reserved chopped mushroom stems. Sauté, breaking up sausage into smaller pieces, for about 5 minutes, until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Remove from heat; add both cheeses and stir just until cheese melts.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture and bake 10 -15 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and cheese is slightly golden.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.