Mixed Berry Shortcakes Recipe
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
1 cup BLUEBERRIES
0 1/4 cup Sour Cream (Cultured)
2 2/3 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
1 cup RASPBERRIES
0 1/2 cup, halves PECANS
6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
1 2/3 cup HEAVY CREAM
1 tsp SALT
1 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
1 cup, whole STRAWBERRIES
1 large Egg (Whole)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, pecans, baking powder, 3 tablespoons of the sugar substitute and salt until nuts are finely ground. (If you don't have a food processor, grind the nuts in a nut or coffee grinder.)
- Add the butter and pulse until its the texture of cornmeal. In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, whisk 2/3 cup of the heavy cream, sour cream and egg. Pour evenly over the dry mixture and pulse just until combined.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes. Separate dough into 12 equal-sized pieces (you'll need about 3 1/2 tablespoons of dough for each piece). Put each piece into a disk measuring 2 1/2 to 3-inches across. Space disks evenly on baking sheet, leaving 1 inch between biscuits to allow for spreading during the baking process.
- Bake shortcakes about 20 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown. Cool on baking sheet set on a wire rack.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat remaining cup of heavy cream with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar substitute until soft peaks form.
- To assemble: Dollop 1/4 cup whipped cream on 6 six shortcakes, top with 1/2 cup berries and cover with remaining shortcakes.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.