Lemony Chicken, Shrimp and Vegetable Kebabs Recipe
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
0 1/2 fl oz Fresh Lemon Juice
0 1/2 clove Garlic
0 1/8 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
0 1/8 tsp Red Chili Pepper, crushed
0 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
6 oz, raw (yield after cooking, bone removed) Chicken Breast
8 large Shrimp
8 whole each Mushroom Pieces and Stems
0 1/2 medium Red Onions
1 each Cherry Tomatoes
For nutritional purposes the marinade ingredients for this recipe were divided by 4. Please use 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 whole cloves of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and 1 teaspoon lemon zest to make the marinade to serve 2 people (4 kebabs each).
- Soak 8 wood skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Stir the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and lemon zest together in a bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup and transfer to a large plastic re-sealable bag.
- Add the chicken and shrimp to the bag and seal tightly, pressing out any extra air. Refrigerate the bag for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium and lightly oil the grate.
- Skewer the chicken, shrimp and 1-2 inch-cut pieces of vegetables; alternating. Discard any remaining marinade left in the bag. Lightly brush the kebabs with the reserved 1/2 cup marinade. Grill for 5-6 minutes, brush with the reserved marinade again and grill an additional 5-6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, the shrimp turn pink and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.