Keto Mediterranean Egg Bites Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
4 oz FETA CHEESE
4 pieces Artichoke Hearts, marinated
3 Tbsp Cream, heavy, liquid
4 pieces Sun-Dried Tomato, in oil
5 each EGG
0 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, ground
0 1/4 tsp GARLIC POWDER
0 1/2 tsp Thyme, fresh
2 each Roma Tomato
0 1/2 tsp SALT
DIRECTIONSEquipment note: You can use a muffin tin if baking these in the oven, or use 2.3 ounce silicone molds if making these in the Instant Pot®.
- Heat oven to 350°F, lightly spray 8 wells of a muffin pan with cooking spray, and place into a large baking dish.
- In a blender combine eggs, cream, 2 ounces cheese, salt, thyme, garlic powder and pepper until well mixed and frothy.
- Cut the artichokes into quarters, placing two quarters in each of the sprayed muffin wells. Thinly slice the sundried tomatoes, dividing them evenly between the wells, about 3.5 grams in each. Evenly fill each muffin well with about ¼ cup of the egg mixture. Fill the baking pan with enough boiling water to come half way up the outside of the muffin pan.
- Bake until set, 23-28 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and the muffin tin from the pan. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing the egg bites from the muffin pan.
- Portion 2 egg bites along with ½ Roma tomato, sliced, and ½-ounce crumbled feta cheese for each serving. Eat while warm or refrigerate for up to 5 days. Egg bites can be warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds when ready to eat.
Instant Pot® Instructions: To cook the egg bites in the instant pot using silicone molds, after completing step 3 of filling the egg bite molds with veggies and egg, fill the pot with 1 cup water and insert the trivet. Carefully place the filled egg molds into the pot, cover and seal. Cook on low pressure for 10 minutes and let the steam naturally release for 5 minutes. Remove the egg bites from the instant pot and cool for a few minutes before removing from the molds and serving as suggested above.
Help the egg bites cook evenly by using the wells on the edges of the muffin pan, and leaving the center wells empty.