Keto Grilled Asparagus with Dill Yogurt Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
24 spear, medium (5-1/4" to 7" long) Asparagus
0 1/2 cup Total 2% Greek Yogurt
0 1/3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 19/24 tbsp fresh Dill
Greek yogurt is the only yogurt that I use. It’s lower in carbs and thicker than other yogurt, so it gives the sauce more body. Its tanginess also helps bring out the other flavors in food. I prefer to use large asparagus because of their more pronounced flavor and crunchy texture. Larger spears also hold up better on the grill. Because the asparagus have been parboiled, they’ll need just a quick reheating on the grill, which will also give them a nice color.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of ice and water.
- Blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain and plunge into the ice bath. When chilled, remove and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, mix the yogurt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and dill. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Season the asparagus with salt. Grill, turning once, about 1–2 minutes per side, just until there are nice grill marks on both sides.
- To serve, place the asparagus on a serving dish, top with dill yogurt and garnish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
This recipe was created for Atkins by chef Mike Isabella.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.