Eggplant Rollatini Recipe
Cook Time: 75 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
24 oz Eggplant
1 1/2 cup Tap Water
0 3/4 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
4 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce (Canned)
2 cup Ricotta Cheese (Whole Milk)
4 oz Mozzarella Cheese, whole milk
0 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
0 1/4 cup Parsley
0 1/4 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Slice eggplants into 1/8 - 1/4 inch slices and arrange in layers in a colander, sprinkling each layer lightly with salt. Let stand 15 minutes for bitter juices to drain, then rinse and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, soy flour and 2 eggs until smooth. Heat about ¼ cup olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip eggplant, one slice at a time, in the batter then add to the skillet. Cook eggplant in batches (slices should not touch), turning occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and golden. Use more oil as necessary. Drain eggplant slices on paper towels and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter a 13x9 baking dish. Add ½ cup tomato sauce to pan and tilt to coat bottom with sauce.
- For filling: In a large bowl, add ricotta, mozzarella, remaining eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- To form rollatini: Place a heaping tablespoon of filling in the center of an eggplant slice and roll up; repeat to form 24 rolls. Place rolls seam-side down in rows in prepared pan. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over the top of the rolls. Cover pan snugly with foil. Bake 30 minutes; remove foil and continue baking for 10 additional minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.