Chocolate Walnut Cookies Recipe
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
2 Tbsp 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 Tbsp Whole Grain Soy Flour
0 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
0 3/4 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 1/2 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
5 tbsp Heavy Cream
2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
2 large Egg (Whole)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
0 1/4 cup, chopped English Walnuts
- Preheat over to 350°F. Lightly toast walnuts in an even layer on a cookie sheet for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool, coarsely chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Put oven up to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- Whisk 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour, 2 tbsp soy flour and baking soda together in a bowl; set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar substitute together on medium until light and slightly thickened. Place chocolate, cream and butter in a microwavable bowl; microwave on medium until butter has melted and chocolate has softened (it need not be completely melted), 1½ to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Gradually beat the slightly warm chocolate mixture and vanilla extract into the egg mixture. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour mixture, just until combined. Cover, and chill until thickened, 30 minutes.
- Drop slightly rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, 1 inch apart, onto prepared sheet. Sprinkle tops of cookies with walnuts, lightly pressing into dough. Bake until cookies are just set but soft on top, 5½ to 6 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.