Chocolate-Rum Pie Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 3/4 cup Soy Flour
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
3 oz Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Sour Cream (Cultured)
1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
2 fl oz Tap Water
3 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
0 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
2 large Egg Yolk
0 3/4 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 tsp Rum Extract
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tsp Sucralose (like Splenda)
- For the pie crust: In a food processor, combine soy flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking soda, butter, 3 oz of cream cheese and sour cream; process just until mixed and dough holds together. Form into a ball, then shape into a disc. Wrap well in plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
- Reserve one-quarter of dough. From remaining dough, pinch off small (1/2-inch) balls of dough and evenly distribute on bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Using your fingers, evenly press dough onto bottom and sides to form a crust. Using reserved dough and following the same method, form a rim around the top edge of crust; using the tines of a fork, lightly press into rim of pastry to make an attractive border. Prick bottom with fork. Chill for 30 minutes in freezer.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Using small strips of aluminum foil, carefully crimp over edge of crust (to prevent over-browning). Loosely tent a sheet of foil over entire crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and bake 10 minutes. Carefully remove tent and crimped foil on crust edge (edge will be very fragile). Return to oven and bake until golden brown, about 1 minute more. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the filling: Place 3/4 cup of the cream, 2 tablespoons of the water, chocolate and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, 1/4 cup cream, remaining 2 tablespoons water and the sugar substitute together until blended. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Gradually whisk one-third of the chocolate mixture into the egg-yolk mixture; add to saucepan with remaining chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Return to heat and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes (DO NOT OVERCOOK). Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in rum and vanilla extracts.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat remaining 1/2 cup cream to soft peaks. Fold in chocolate mixture, folding just until blended and no streaks appear. Pour into prepared pie crust and smooth top. Chill until set, at least 4 hours. (The pie can be made prepare up to this point and chilled overnight.) Top with whipped cream and garnish with mint leaves (optional).
- Makes 16 servings.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.