Chicken Fajitas Margarita Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 tsp Lime Zest
1 fl oz Fresh Lime Juice
12 oz, raw (yield after cooking, bone removed) Chicken Breast
5 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
2 fl oz (no ice) Tequila
0 1/8 cup Cilantro (Coriander)
2 clove Garlic
1 tsp Cumin
4 tortilla Low Carb Tortillas
1 small Onions
0 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Green Sweet Pepper
1 small whole (2-2/5" dia) Red Tomatoes
- Zest and juice the lime. Place chicken, 1/4 cup of the oil, lime juice, tequila, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, minced garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a plastic bag and marinate, refrigerated, 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Heat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook sliced onion 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add pepper strips and cook 2 minutes, until crisp-tender. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through (add more oil if necessary). Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in vegetables and diced tomato. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Stir in remaining cilantro.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas and top with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.