Keto Beef Fillet with Bacon and Gorgonzola Butter Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 small (3" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
1 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
12 oz Beef Tenderloin (Trimmed to 1/4" Fat, Prime Grade)
0 1/4 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 medium slice (yield after cooking) Bacon
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 oz Portobello Mushroom Caps
Follow the directions below for rare fillets. If you prefer, roast until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the center of each fillet registers 135°F for medium rare, 145°F for medium, 160°F for medium-well done or 180°F for well done.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange rack in center of oven.
- Thinly slice white portion of scallion; set aside.
- Make the Gorgonzola butter: finely chop green portion of scallion and place in a small bowl. Add butter and cheese; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle each fillet with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Wrap 1 bacon slice around the side of each fillet; secure with a toothpick.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets to skillet and cook on all sides, turning frequently with tongs, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 7-10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Meanwhile, heat same skillet over medium-high heat, add mushrooms, reserved white portion of scallion and remaining 1/8 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms onto serving plates and top with fillets. Serve with Gorgonzola butter.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.