Bacon, Avocado and Jack Cheese Omelets with Fresh Salsa Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) Red Tomatoes
3 medium (4-1/8" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
0 1/2 pepper Jalapeno Peppers
1 oz Cilantro
1 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
4 large Egg (Whole)
1 fl oz Tap Water
3 medium slice (yield after cooking) Bacon
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
0 1/2 each California Avocados
1 cup, shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Prepare salsa: Chop the tomatoes; finely chop the green onions and jalapeno (de-seed if you would like less heat). In small bowl, combine tomato, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs with water and season with salt and pepper. Prepare bacon, cook thoroughly, crumble and set aside.
- Melt half the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, add half the egg mixture. Tilt pan to coat bottom and cook 1 minute, until almost set. Sprinkle half the omelet with half the crumbled bacon, avocado and cheese and cook 1 minute.
- Fold empty half of omelet over filling and slide omelet onto a plate. Keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture, bacon, avocado and cheese. Serve with salsa.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.