Keto Asian Tuna Kebabs Recipe
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
5 1/3 tbsp Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
2 29/48 fl oz Rice Wine
1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Ginger
3 tsp Garlic
2 teaspoon Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
32 oz, boneless, raw Tuna
3 large Scallions or Spring Onions
1 large (2.25 per pound, approx 3-3/4" long, 3" dia) Red Sweet Pepper
0 3/4 lb Eggplant
DIRECTIONSYou'll need 8 bamboo skewers, which should be soaked in water for 15 minutes before cooking. Or use metal skewers. Chinese eggplants are thinner and less bitter than Italian ones and can be found in Asian markets or well-stocked produce sections of most supermarkets.
- Heat grill to high.
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sugar substitute in a large bowl.
- Add tuna, scallions and red pepper and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove tuna, scallions and red pepper from marinade and set aside.
- Toss eggplant in marinade and let sit for 3 minutes. Remove eggplant and set aside with other ingredients. Discard marinade.
- Thread skewers, alternating 3 pieces of tuna, 2 pieces of scallions, 2 pieces of red pepper and 3 pieces of eggplant on each. Eggplant should be skewered through both skin sides of the rounds.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side tuna will be rare in the center.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.