Toasted Pecan Cake with Maple Frosting Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
0 1/4 servings
0 1/2 cup, halves Pecans
0 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
0 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
0 1/4 tsp Salt
6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
0 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 large Egg (Whole)
1 large Egg Yolk
0 1/2 cup Sour Cream (Cultured)
1 1/2 cup Salted Butter Stick
2 oz Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup
Use the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix, you will need 1/4 cup.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mist an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Chop pecans then combine with the whole-wheat flour, flour mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream 6 tablespoons butter, sugar substitute, and 1 teaspoon vanilla (reserve remaining teaspoon for the frosting) in another medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk; beat until incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. Add sour cream; beat until incorporated. Add flour mixture; mix on low speed until just combined.
- Spread batter into pan; bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap cake in plastic wrap until ready to serve; transfer to a plate and frost if desired before cutting into wedges.
- For Frosting: Cream 1 1/2 cups butter with 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Spread frosting on the top and sides of the cooled cake. Add a pecan to each slice if desired as decoration.
Find this recipe and more in the New Atkins For a New You Cookbook!
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.