- The typical American way of eating is grossly mismatched to the normal human metabolism.
- Most obesity is the result of metabolic disturbances, resulting from long-term inappropriate food choices, not the over-consumption of fat.
- Studies consistently show that sugar, refined white flour, starchy carbohydrates and junk foods are bad for your health, your energy level, your mental state and your figure.
- By drastically increasing the intake of carbohydrate, the American diet has changed dramatically in the past 60 years.
- Low-fat diets are, in effect, high-carbohydrate diets, which bring on the very problems that they were intended to prevent.
- It is not true that the only way to lose weight is to limit your intake of calories.
- Protein and fat, both essential to the human body, and controlled quantities of nutrient-dense carbohydrates, primarily in the form of vegetables, form the basis of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™.
- In the past 20 years the incidence of lifestyle-related diseases such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease has increased by leaps and bounds.
- When you control carbohydrate consumption sufficiently, your body will switch from burning glucose, derived from carbohydrate, to burning primarily fat for energy.
- You burn more calories when your body is operating on a fat metabolism.
- By following Atkins you will control your weight, achieve good health and help prevent disease.
- Atkins has repeatedly been proven to take off more fat than other weight-loss programs when an equal number of calories are consumed.
Learn More About Low Carb Articles & Research
Keto Beef Recipes | Keto Pork Chop Recipes | Keto Chicken Recipes | Keto Shrimp Recipes | Vegetarian Keto Recipes | Keto Soup Recipes | Keto Crockpot Recipes | Keto Air Fryer Recipes | Keto Instant Pot® Recipes Whether you’re just getting started with keto or need some new additions to your recipe rotation, it’sRead More »
Keto Breakfast Smoothie Recipes | Keto Breakfast Sandwich Ideas | East Keto Breakfast Recipes with Eggs | Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipes | Keto Breakfast without Eggs Following a ketogenic diet doesn’t mean you should skimp on a delicious breakfast or eat the same thing every day. In fact, Atkins’ take on keto diets emphasize optimalRead More »
Unlike other diets that restrict your food intake, following a keto diet the Atkins way focuses on eating right, not less. This means you can enjoy a whole range of nutritious meals, including keto treats! We understand that finding keto-friendly snacks can feel overwhelming at first. That’s why we’ve created a list of delicious andRead More »