Turkey Tacos with Tomatillos, Radish and Avocado Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
16 oz GROUND TURKEY Diestel Turkey Ranch
6 oz RED CABBAGE Stockmeyer Export Gmbh
1 lime yields Lime Juice
4 oz TOMATILLOS Conservas La Costena S.A.
0 1/2 oz Cilantro (Coriander)
0 1/4 tsp SALT Morton Salt, Inc.
0 1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER Finlay Extracts & Ingredients USA, Inc.
2 tsp CHILI POWDER Hy-Vee, Inc.
1 each California Avocados
1 pepper JALAPENO PEPPERS Lauri Jo's Southern Style Canning
2 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia) RADISHES Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
2 2/3 tablespoon OLIVE OIL Salov North America Corp.
- Dice the tomatillos into ¼-inch dices; set aside. Remove the stem, pith and seeds from the jalapeño pepper and discard. Dice pepper into ¼-inch dices; set aside.
- Remove the stems from the cilantro leaves and discard stems. Rough chop leaves and place HALF into a medium bowl. Reserve the remaining cilantro for step 4. Cut the lime into 4 wedges - squeeze two wedges of juice into the medium and whisk in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the red cabbage and mix to combine.
- Pat dry ground turkey with paper towels; set aside. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the turkey and only HALF of the chili powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until cooked through. Squeeze 1 lime wedge over the turkey and mix to combine. (USDA recommends cooking poultry to a minimum of 165°F)
- While the ground turkey is cooking, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium-non stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tomatillos, jalapeños, the remaining chili powder, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 7 to 8 minutes while stirring occasionally until thickened. Squeeze the remaining lime wedge over the salsa and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro . Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- While the salsa is cooking, cut the avocado in half around the pit, remove and discard pit. With a knife, score the avocado flesh without piercing the skin. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh into a small bowl. Slice the radish into ¼-inch rounds and set aside.
- Divide the cabbage slaw onto two plates, top with ground turkey, radishes, avocado and tomatillo salsa. Enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.