Turkey Meatloaf with Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
0 1/2 cup, chopped Onions
0 1/2 cup, chopped Green Peppers
2 clove Garlic
2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) Celery
1 tsp, ground Thyme (Dried)
1 tsp Salt
0 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
0 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
12 oz Ground Turkey
8 oz Turkey Sausage
1 large Egg (Whole)
3 cup Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Use a loaf pan with a meatloaf insert or prepare a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet with oil over medium high heat. Mince the onion and garlic, chop the green pepper and the celery then sauté them with the thyme; seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper until softened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix together the cooled vegetable mixture with the tomato sauce, ground turkey, turkey sausage and egg until thoroughly combined.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the juices run clear and it is cooked through.
- While it is baking, make the cauliflower mash by boiling the cauliflower for 10 minutes (or until very soft) in salted water. Mash with a fork and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve with the meatloaf.
If you're using a loaf pan, leave 1/4-1/2 inch of space at one of the short sides; this makes it easier to see that the juices are clear when the meatloaf is done cooking.