Keto Tomatillo Chicken Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
4 Keto Tomatillo Salsa
1 1/3 tbsp Light Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cumin
4 medium leg (yield after cooking, bone removed) Chicken Leg
0 1/2 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
0 1/4 cup Roasted Unsalted Hulled Pumpkin and/or Squash Seeds
This recipe using Atkins Tomatillo Salsa (see recipe), which takes 45 minutes to make or use your favorite low-carb salsa. Enjoy!
- Arrange rack in top third of oven (about 6 from heat source). Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a tablespoon (3 teaspoons) of oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Combine 3/4 teaspoon salt and ground cumin and sprinkle chicken evenly on both sides. Brown legs 6 minutes per side, turning once, until deep golden (be careful not to let the chicken burn, reduce heat slightly if it gets too dark).
- Pour in 1/4 cup Tomatillo Salsa and broth; cover loosely with foil. Transfer to oven and bake 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garnish: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet. Add seeds and cook, shaking pan, 1 to 2 minutes, until seeds are lightly toasted and slightly puffed (seeds may pop). Sprinkle with 1/ 4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Uncover chicken and bake 5 to 6 minutes more, until deeply browned. To serve, transfer to a platter, spoon juices over chicken and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.