Spicy Tomato-Jalapeno Chicken Breast with Sauteed Green Beans Recipe
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
6 oz Green String Beans
1 pepper Jalapeno Peppers
1 tsp Oregano
12 oz raw Chicken Breast
1 tbsp, drained Capers
7 oz Red Tomatoes (with Green Chilies, Canned)
1 tbsp Butter
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
0 1/3 tsp Salt
0 1/3 tsp Black Pepper
- Remove the ends from the green beans and discard. Remove the stem, pith and seeds from the jalapeño pepper and discard. Cut the pepper into ½-inch diced pieces; set aside. -- Remove the stems from ONLY 1½ tablespoons of the oregano leaves and discard stems (if using dried use 1 tsp). Finely chop oregano and set aside.
- Pat dry chicken breast with paper towels and season with a pinch of salt and pepper .
- a medium-non stick sauté pan over medium-high heat, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and sear on each side for 3 minutes.
- Add capers, jalapeños and the diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in fresh minced oregano just before serving. (USDA recommends cooking chicken to a minimum of 165°F)
- In a medium sauté pan over medium high heat, add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the green beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or just until fork tender. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm for plating.
- Place the chicken breast in the center of two plates. Spoon the tomato- jalapeño mixture on top of each piece of chicken. Serve the green beans on the side. Enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.