Keto Smoky Barbecue Chicken Recipe
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/4 cup Cilantro (Coriander)
3 tbsp Reserva Sherry Vinegar
0 1/3 cup Olive Oil
0 1/2 cup chopped Shallots
1 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
112 oz, with bone, raw (yield after cooking, bone removed) Chicken
- Make the marinade: Combine the cilantro, vinegar, oil, shallots, salt, pepper and paprika in a blender; cover, and blend until smooth, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Rinse chickens, and pat dry with paper towels; place in a large airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over chickens, and turn to evenly coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Discard the marinade.
- Soak wood chips for 30 minutes before grilling. Heat grill to medium-high, following manufacturers instructions for indirect cooking. Add the soaked chips.
- Place chicken, bone side down, in center of grill over drip pan. Cover, and grill, turning every 15 minutes, until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into thigh without touching the bone, 40 to 50 minutes. (You can also test for doneness by piercing the chicken in the joint between the leg and thigh or breast and wing; if the juices run clear, the chicken is done.)
- Let chicken stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.