Keto Salmon Rillettes Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/8 tsp BLACK PEPPER
4 oz, boneless, raw SALMON
0 1/2 fl oz Fresh Lemon Juice
0 1/2 cup Tap Water
1 cucumber (8-1/4") Cucumber (with Peel)
0 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
0 43/48 tbsp fresh Dill
1 tbsp chopped Chives
3 oz Smoked Chinook Salmon (Lox)
0 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- In a small saucepan, combine the wild salmon and water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until salmon is opaque throughout, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and let stand until cool.
- In a food processor, combine butter and smoked salmon; process until smooth. Flake wild salmon in a large bowl. Add the smoked salmon mixture, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, chives and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a small bowl or two small ramekins. Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove rillettes from refrigerator 1 hour before serving to soften.
- Serve spread with cucumber slices.
Having a party? When planning your low carb spread, think about which dishes you can make in advance and which need fresh ingredients that day.