Poached Eggs with Fried Green Tomatoes and Rémoulade Recipe
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
0 3/4 cup Real Mayonnaise
1 tbsp, drained Capers
1 oz Pickles
1 tbsp Parsley
0 1/2 tsp, leaves Tarragon
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
4 large Egg (Whole)
1 medium Green Tomatoes
0 1/2 oz Yellow Whole Grain Corn Flour
1 Tbsp 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
0 1/4 tsp Salt
0 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 1/2 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
4 slice (1 oz) Cheddar Cheese
- For the rémoulade: Combine mayonnaise, capers, small diced pickle, minced parsley, tarragon and mustard in a small bowl; stir until thoroughly combined. Let stand 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- To poach egg: add enough water to a pan to the depth of 2-3 inches. Bring it to a boil with a pinch of salt, turn down heat and allow water to simmer just till it barely has bubbles around the edges. Crack egg into a cup then carefully slide the egg into the water.
- Cook 3 minutes for medium firmness, 2 minutes if you like them runny, and 4 minutes if you like a firmer yolk. Remove with a slotted spoon. Gently remove excess water with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, for fried green tomatoes: Cut tomato crosswise into 4 slices. In a shallow bowl, combine stone ground cornmeal, pastry flour, salt and pepper. Press tomato slices into cornmeal mixture to lightly coat on all sides. Shake excess back into bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tomato slices until golden, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through. Transfer tomato slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Place 1 tomato slice on a serving plate. Top with 1 slice of cheddar cheese and a poached egg. Repeat with remaining tomato slices, cheese and poached eggs to make 3 more servings.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons rémoulade. Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs, if desired, and serve.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.