Passover Nut Torte with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
8 large Egg (Whole)
0 2/3 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 cup, ground Hazelnuts or Filberts Nuts
1 tsp Orange Zest
20 oz Unsweetened Frozen Raspberries
2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with oil spray and dust with sugar substitute. Separate the eggs, reserving the whites and the yolks in separate bowls.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, mix egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar substitute until creamy and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Fold in nuts and zest with a rubber spatula.
- In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat whites until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Fold one third of the whites into nut batter, then fold in the remainder.
- Transfer batter to pan and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched in center, about 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 30 minutes before removing.
- While cake is cooling, purée raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor or blender until smooth. Sweeten to taste with granular sugar substitute about 1 tablespoon.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.