Orange-Sour Cream Waffles with Fresh Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
0 1/2 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
2 large Egg
0 1/3 cup Sour Cream (Cultured)
3 teaspoon Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
3 tsp Orange Zest
2 cup Blueberries
- For waffles: Preheat waffle iron.
- In medium bowl, stir together the soy flour, baking powder, butter, eggs, sour cream, 1 tsp sugar substitute and 2 teaspoons of orange zest.
- Spread approximately 1/4 cup of batter in center of waffle iron. Cook according to manufacturer's instructions until crisp and golden brown. Repeat until all batter is used.
- For sauce: Mix blueberries, 2 tsp sugar substitute and remaining teaspoon zest in medium pot over high heat. Heat until berries start to sizzle and break down, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, until berries have given off liquid and volume has been reduced to about 1 1/2 -cups. Purée with an immersion blender or in a traditional blender.
- To serve, divide waffles on four plates and serve with sauce.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.