Mushroom Crostini Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
4 Keto Coconut Bread
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
0 1/2 tsp, leaves Oregano
2 clove Garlic
10 oz Mushroom Pieces and Stems
2 1/2 oz Brown Mushrooms (Crimini Italian)
2 1/2 oz Oyster Mushroom
2 Tbsp chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
2 tbsp Parsley
DIRECTIONSUse the Atkins recipe to make Low Carb Coconut Bread. You will need 4 slices.
- Heat oven to 300°F. Toast bread 15 minutes, until crispy throughout. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and oregano; cook until garlic is lightly colored, about 30 seconds.
- Add finely chopped mushrooms and cook 10 minutes or until brown. Mix in chopped sun-dried tomatoes and parsley.
- Meanwhile add 1 bread crust (reserve 3 slices for serving) to a food processor until crumbly and sprinkle on top of the mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper then blend to combine the breadcrumbs.
- Cut each of the remaining 3 slices of bread in half diagonally, then in half again to form 12 triangles total. Divide mixture over the toasted Coconut Bread points and serve. Each serving is 2 pieces.
Having a party? When planning your low carb spread, think about which dishes you can make in advance and which need fresh ingredients that day.