Keto Shredded Salsa Chicken Taquitos Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/2 tsp Cumin seed, ground
1 each Avocado, Hass
0 1/8 tsp GARLIC POWDER
1 teaspoon(s) Lime juice, fresh (1 tsp= 5g)
1 1/2 cup(s) Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup= 113 g)
0 1/4 tsp SALT
0 1/4 tsp SALT
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
1 cup (8 fl oz) Chicken Broth or Bouillon
4 Tbsp SOUR CREAM
12 oz Chicken Breast Filet, skinless
6 Tbsp RED SALSA
- In a small cup, combine the cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- In an Instant Pot® with the trivet inserted, add the chicken broth. Place the chicken breasts on the trivet, and spread the salsa evenly over the chicken. Set the Instant Pot® to pressure cook on high for 14 minutes. Allow the steam to naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release the remaining steam and remove the chicken to a cutting board, retaining as much salsa as possible. Use two forks to shred the chicken, mixing with the salsa. Set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, preheat oven to 375°. Prepare two baking sheet size pieces of parchment paper by tracing 6 4-inch diameter circles on each. Flip the parchment (so the ink is on the underside) and place on baking sheets. Measure 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese into the center of each traced circle, spreading the shreds out to evenly fill each of the 12 circles. Bake for 5 minutes, until fully melted and bubbling. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place 2 tablespoons of shredded chicken in the center of each cooled cheese circle, and roll into a cigar shape with the chicken in the middle. Place these taquitos into a 200° oven to keep warm. The cheese will become more solid as it cools, although it will not be crisp.
- In a small food processor, make the avocado crema by blending together the flesh from the avocado with sour cream, lime juice, salt and garlic powder until creamy and smooth.
- Serve two warm taquitos with 2 tablespoons avocado creama. Two taquitos and two tablespoons avocado creama is one serving.
These keto taquitos give you all the flavors you love, but note that the cheese will not end up as crispy as the corn tortillas used in their high carb namesake.