Keto Grilled Chicken Chimichurri Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro
0 1/2 cup olive oil
0 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tsp fresh garlic
1 tsp dried oregano, leaves
1 tsp dried basil, ground
0 1/4 tsp red chili peppers, crushed flakes
28 oz raw chicken breast, skinless, boneless
Please note that the chimichurri ingredients need to be doubled for this recipe. Half of the sauce is used as marinade, then thrown out and does not contribute towards nutritionals. The nutritionals listed are correct.
- Chimichurri Sauce: Combine 2 cups chopped parsley, 2 cups cilantro, 1 cup olive oil, ½ cup white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons garlic, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 2 teaspoons dried basil, and ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender and process until relatively smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings adding salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reserve half of the sauce (about 1 cup) in a serving bowl.
- Place chicken and remaining sauce into a zip top plastic bag, seal tightly and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken breasts from the marinade and discard the bag with the used marinade.
- Prepare a grill. Once hot, grill chicken for about 5-8 minutes on each side or until it is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
- Serve chicken topped with the reserved sauce.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.